Disclaimer

My thoughts tend to rattle around in my brain until I ramble them out here, so beware of the rambling...it may not make any sense at all!


Monday, May 08, 2006

Blogging at Bedtime Part III

I just read the FCA devotional that comes to my inbox on a daily basis and today it happened to be about three things that allow us to stay at our best; they are Sleep, Eating (healthy) and Exercise. I see the writer's point...all three of these activities are important for keeping us in shape, mentally, physically, emotionally and even spiritually. Ironically, I am deficient in all of them! I know I don't get enough sleep and while I try to eat fairly healthy, I still have some poor eating habits. And as far as exercise, well...um...I mean I want to make time for it, but I guess I don't want to enough or I would. We all make time for those things that are true priorities. So, now I'm convicted. I know I need to make improvements in these three areas, so I'm calling all my friends, bloggers and lurkers alike, to help keep me accountable. I may fuss at you if you ask me about them, but don't take it personally! In three weeks summer vacation begins and I know I will be able to sleep a lot better than I do now, but I also know that I tend to not eat as healthy in the summer because I get bored sitting at home and then I raid the kitchen...not good! I will have more time to devote to excercise, but the question is, will I do it? We shall see. I'm going to pray that I will begin to build a better balance in my life in these three areas.

Ok, so now I better go so I can get some sleep and get up in time to make a nice healthy lunch and actually eat some breakfast and then possibly do a little excercise!

2 comments:

kelly said...

We need to get caught up ;). I have off on Thursdays, so when you get out for the summer we can hang out. And since you want to start exercising we can go to Memorial Park - no wait - too hot during the day in the summer. We'll think of something!

Erin said...

I say go for it! It's hard at first - you have to make yourself do it - but then you start to feel really wonderful, you have lots of energy, and you start seeing changes in your body that make you happy... and it's all worth it! And maybe, just maybe, you will begin to enjoy the new lifestyle... :-)