Grateful and Better
(or perhaps more aptly titled, "No Longer Jealous and Bitter")
This is for all the people who read my previous post and are worried about me. :) I did that praying that I was talking about and also did some more thinking, spent some time with good Christian friends, listened to some Chris Tomlin and Third Day (two of my favorite artists), went to church and studied some Scripture.
Life is good. Like one of my friends said in a recent e-mail, I'm doing pretty well if my main problem in life is being single. I still haven't written that best-seller and I am still dateless, but God is good. Not just good, He's sufficient. Every day there is something new to thank God for. Whether it's simply the fact that you woke up this morning or something huge like finding out your book is being published or starting a new relationship; God is there. His presence is more desireable than any blessing He can give.
Like being with your friends...you don't want to be with them for the things they give you. You simply enjoy their company. That's how God's presence is. God is not a Cosmic vending machine. He is a friend of sinners. How amazing is that? If you got to visit the White House or eat lunch with a celebrity, you'd talk about it for months. But think about this-you get to hang out with the One who designed every tree and animal and the human body and the veins on the back of a leaf and the sunset over the Pacific. That's your God. And not only that, He's your friend.
So, if you were worried about me being jealous and bitter, know that I was just having a "moment." We all have those. It's what we do with them in life that determines who we are.
Disclaimer
My thoughts tend to rattle around in my brain until I ramble them out here, so beware of the rambling...it may not make any sense at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Girl,
Aaron from cafe place.lol. I been there...its ok. It's really easy to say "Wait on the Lord" and to actually have to do it.
For me it comes to mind most when I'm alone. So...I try not to be. Immerse yourself in church, friends, family, and anytime you feel that way. Pray thru it.
Just remember, your not the only one that has been there.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Aaron L.
aaroon68@yahoo.com
tree4lifetx.blogspot.com
Post a Comment