Disclaimer

My thoughts tend to rattle around in my brain until I ramble them out here, so beware of the rambling...it may not make any sense at all!


Saturday, March 03, 2007

Covenant

To go on a mission trip with Houston's First Baptist, you have to sign a covenant saying you will pay for the full cost of the trip, you won't abandon the group or do anything inappropriate or disrespectful, you will be accountable to the leader of the group and respect his/her decisions, etc, etc.

And then came #6. "I will be faithful to daily prayer and devotions in preparation for this trip, as well as faithfully attending the Church I represent. If I struggle with these spiritual disciplines, I will seek help immediately."

I think God is trying to push me past my sentiments in the previous blog and show me the need for a more disciplined daily time with Him. I have already sought help with this from the commenter of the previous blog, but now I am beginning to realize that it's a legitimate need in my life.

I've been depending on those growth spurts to keep me going and leaned on previous times of intimacy rather than seeking daily intimacy through devotional bible reading and prayer. I've also depended too much on the previous "knowledge about God and His Word" gleaned from years of theological education, rather than seeking to really KNOW Him and truly cherish His Word. This is going to call for a change in daily time management and habits. If you're out there reading this...pray for me. Thanks!

No comments: