Disclaimer

My thoughts tend to rattle around in my brain until I ramble them out here, so beware of the rambling...it may not make any sense at all!


Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Weak or Strong?

I know there are verses in the Bible about being strong (Deut. 31:6; I Kings 2:2; Joshua 1:6, 7, 9) and there are verses about being weak and allowing God to be strong through us (II Corinthians 12:9-10). Sometimes I feel like I have no strength when I'm supposed to be strong and when I am supposed to be letting God work though my weakness, that's when I think I'm strong enough to handle things myself. I have so much going on in my life and I try to handle everything. I try to make decisions based on knowledge or previous experience rather than letting God have my struggles and work them out for me. I want to do it myself, like a little child just learning to get dressed or make a sandwich. I don't want help, but I have my pants on backwards and there's jelly all over the counter. On the other hand, there are times when I know I have to be strong. I know God has given me a challenge and He intends for me to meet it head on. But what do I do? I cower in fear and take the easy way out. I don't face my fears. Then again, isn't this weakness something God wants to be strong in also? He's not going to give me a challenge that He won't be there to uphold me through. I know deep down that rather than just telling us to be bold and corageous, God has empowered us to be so. I may face some really tough things in life. In fact, Christ told us we would have troubles in this world, but we are to take heart because He has already overcome the world. I don't have to have all the answers and I don't have to be the strongest person in the world. I just have to lean on and trust my Savior who loved me enough to die for me. I have to give Him my struggles and my fears and let Him make things work together for my good. I know these things. Why don't I live like I believe them?

2 comments:

kelly said...

I'm glad to see you're blogging again ;)... Some people say God won't give us more than we can handle. I completly disagree; God many times gives us more than we can handle, so we rely on HIM and not ourselves to get through it. Then He receives the glory.

Karla said...

Yeah, I was getting a lot of flack for not blogging. Spring Break has given me a little time to do a little. ;) Thanks for your comments. I totally agree! I don't want God to only give me what He knows I can handle...but at the same time, I sometimes forget that I'm supposed to be letting Him work through it and stress over it for a while. Then when I remember, it's like this huge weight being lifted. I have a friend who always says, "If you're going to pray, don't bother worrying. If you're going to worry, don't bother praying." I feel another blog entry coming on! :)