Disclaimer

My thoughts tend to rattle around in my brain until I ramble them out here, so beware of the rambling...it may not make any sense at all!


Saturday, August 12, 2006

Demoralization

Some of you girls out there may have already heard this if you've done the Beth Moore study "Believing God," but something she said in the video segment I watched online today hit me square between the eyes and I felt like I should share it with the readers and lurkers in BlogWorld. God, through Beth, gave me the 2x4 treatment today (you know, when God hits you upside the head with a 2x4 and it changes your life forever?). Here's what He said:

Demoralization is when the enemy figures out what you most fear that you are and sets about to confirm it.

When those words came out of Beth's mouth, I could feel God saying to me, "that's what you're letting happen to you. You fear you are a bad teacher, a lazy bum, an unlovable failure because you're still single...those are the lies Satan is convincing you are true, but they're not true. Here is what's true. You are mine. You are loved. You can do all things through Christ's strength in you. You have gifts and blessings that I have uniquely given you that I want to uniquely use to further my Kingdom."

How is Satan trying to demoralize you? What is it you most fear you are? Well, don't believe it.

Does that mean that there's not room for growth in those areas of my life and yours? Of course not. We all have room for growth and those things we fear most about ourselves are probably the areas where we need to grow most. But if we will give them to God and say, "I fear this about me, but I trust you with that fear and I'm yours," God will take that fear and give us the greatest victory in those very areas...and I venture to say, it will be so miraculous that you will not be able to explain it any other way than that it was the hand of God.

Don't let the enemy demoralize you. I imagine it's not any harder for you than it was for me to know immediately what I feared most I was. Give it to God. Then believe what God's Word says about you.

It's summed up in Ephesians 1:3-7.
v.3-you are BLESSED with every spiritual blessing
v.4-you are CHOSEN before the creation of the world
v.5-you are ADOPTED as His son (or daughter)
v.6-you are ACCEPTED as He freely gives us His glorious grace
v.7-you are REDEEMED through His blood
v.7-you are FORGIVEN of your sins and lavished with His grace.

Most importantly, verse 4 says that we were chosen in love. God chose you because He loves you...not because He just wants to reform you like some warden in a correctional facility. He wants to renew your mind, refresh your spirit, redeem your life, because He loves you.

You are LOVED.

Believe who God says you are, not who you fear you are.

1 comment:

Kim Bachstein said...

Karla

I'm not sure how I stumbled onto your blog today, but I am surely glad that I did.

I needed to hear your words of encourage and the uplifting spiritual words of the Lord. Today I needed this so much, sometimes we are given so much in life to deal with as only 1 person can handle.

I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your blog with so many other people, it definately HELPED MY MIND SET for the rest of today and I just know that it will help someone else too.

Your an ANGEL in disguise, keep up the honest and endearing blogging for you my dear do have a SPECIAL GIFT.

God Bless You