Blogging at bedtime
Ok, so I got online to check my e-mail and found a comment had been posted to my entry with the picture of my cousin's baby. I had not realized how much I had hoped for more comments on my blogs, especially those soul searching and gut checking ones...geez, another thing to affect my sense of self-worth! Regardless, the comment led me to the blog of the commentator, Jessica, which in turn led me to other blogs...you know how it goes, and suddenly I look up and it's past my bedtime! Ugh! I need some sleep...yet I had to post another blog just for the sake of posting. I noticed in my lurking, reading and occasional commenting, that many posts are simple "here's what happened to me today" posts and really don't have to be deep and meaningful. I'm still learning, folks. All that to say, here's my first "meaningless" post. If you don't like it, that's ok because I'm not expecting comments on this one. In fact, I've decided that just like the outcome of sporting events, I must choose not to base my sense of self-worth on whether or not people read and comment on my blog entries. That's a topic for a future post, though, and I'm simply too tired after the Dive retreat to go there. Goodnight, blogworld.
Disclaimer
My thoughts tend to rattle around in my brain until I ramble them out here, so beware of the rambling...it may not make any sense at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You do realize that now we HAVE to post comments because you aren't expecting it, right? Way to throw caution to the wind, K-Lex!
I love you, Karla! And for the record, your cousin's baby is absolutely adorable! I enjoy all your posts ;).
Thanks girls! I feel loved again! :)
Don't let the lack of comments get you down. Often I read blog posts and are very touched by their content, but need some time to reflect on them before I can comment.. and then I forget to go back and write a comment. So, don't think we aren't reading and appreciating your posts. We are!
Post a Comment